33 Years of Service
Florida Architecture (1984) | AR 00046595
Peacock + Lewis – Architects and Planners, LLC. Lic #AAC000020
Mr. Brian Idle (AIA, President) holds both a Bachelor and Masters degree in Architecture from the University of Illinois. He has an enviable reputation in design and management of complex projects requiring coordination of many specialty consultants and government agency approvals. His specialty is the programming and master planning of facilities for new golf course communities and major remodeling or replacement clubhouses for member owned clubs.
Being an avid golfer, Mr. Idle has taken a special interest in the planning and design of club amenities that are functional, attractive, unique, and memorable in the golf and social experiences for both members and their guests. “Much like playing the game of golf, designing great clubhouses requires developing consistency, paying attention to small details, and continually striving to improve,” according to Mr. Idle. His passion for the game of golf, with its rich history and beautiful historic venues, has inspired Mr. Idle in leading the Peacock + Lewis team’s creation of award winning amenities in notable communities worldwide.
With close to three decades of architectural experience and a vast understanding of the unique operational nuances of clubs, Mr. Idle serves as a guest lecturer on amenity design and renovation for the Club Managers Association of America (CMAA), Club Spa Fitness Association (CSFA) and has authored chapters for Clubhouse Master Planning for the CMAA and National Golf Foundation’s Managers’ Handbooks and articles on club design for multiple trade publications.
- Undergraduate University of Illinois Bachelor of Science in Architecture, 1979
- Graduate University of Illinois Master of Architecture, 1981
- Post-Graduate Harvard University Graduate School of Design Golf Clubhouse Design & Site Planning, 1998
- Post-Graduate Harvard University Graduate School of Design Hotel Design & Development, 1999
- American Institute of Architects
- The Bear’s Club – Architectural Review Board
- Jupiter Children’s Foundation Board Member/President
- Palm Beach County Sports Commission – Board Member. Facilities Committee Chairman
- Leadership Palm Beach County Class 1995-1996
- Price Waterhouse – Up & Comers Award Recipient 1994
- National Multiple Sclerosis Society Board Member
- North Palm Beach Youth Athletic Association (Past President)
- University of Illinois – Palm Beach / Martin County Alumni Association (Past President)
- First Presbyterian Church -Deacon/Chairman Building Committee
- North Palm Beach Golf Advisory Board Member